Jan 24, 2014: Invited speakers details
Dec 26, 2013: Accepted papers
Jan 2, 2014: Preliminary program (sessions planning only, full program to be published on Jan 3, 2014)
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing
Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing has undergone impressive change over recent years. New architectures and applications have rapidly become the central focus of the discipline.
These changes are often a result of cross-fertilisation of parallel and distributed technologies with other rapidly evolving technologies.
It is of paramount importance to review and assess these new developments in comparison with recent research achievements in the well-established areas of parallel and distributed computing, from industry and the scientific community.
PDP 2014 will provide a forum for the presentation of
these and other issues through original research
presentations and will facilitate the exchange of knowledge
and new ideas at the highest technical level.
This year PDP received 220 submissions from 49
countries, which is a record number!
Accepted papers and statistics can be found here.
The overall acceptance rate of full papers in the PDP 2014 main track has been 32.6% (33.6% including special sessions). The original Call for Papers is available here: PDP 2014 Call for Papers
The PDP 2014 conference, organised by Computer Science Department of University of Turin, will be held in the University of Turin historical building located in Via Po 17, Turin. See also the PDP 2014 events map.
- Prof. Maurice Herlihy
Computer Science, Brown University, RI, USA
Locks, Transactions, and Concurrent Objects
Feb 12, 2014
- Dr. Panagiotis Tsarchopoulos
Project Officer, Future and Emerging Technologies, DG CONNECT, European Commission
High-Performance Computing in Horizon 2020
Feb 13, 2014
- Plenary Industrial Session, Feb 14, 2014
- Dr. Piero Altoè
E4 Computer Engineering, Italy
Who can beat x86?
- Dr. Francois Thomas
Deep Computing Europe, IBM Montpellier, France
Energy Aware Computing Power Consumption of Clusters Control and Optimization
- Dr. Emilio Billi and Dr. Vittorio Rebecchi
A3Cube Inc., CA, USA
Massively Parallel Data Processor: breaking through the storage barrier
- Dr. Piero Altoè
Keynote Speaker details
Accepted Papers and Programme
The list of accepted papers can be found here. The schedule of talks will be published on Jan 3rd, 2014.
Best Papers Awards
- NVidia best paper prize: A K40 device will be donated by NVidia corporation to best paper for GPU-related research progress.
- Sistemi Hs best paper prize: three tablets (1 tablet HP model ELITEPAD 900 and 2 tablets Android model Slate 7) will be donated by Sistemi Hs to best papers for PhD students and early career researchers.
- Best papers of PDP 2014 Main track related to HPC applications will be invited to submit an extended paper to International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications (IJHPCA, ISI IF 1.295)
Marco Aldinucci [Web,
University of Torino, Italy,
Daniele D'Agostino -- IMATI - CNR, Italy,
Peter Kilpatrick -- Queen's University Belfast, UK
Local organization: Computer Science Dept - University of Torino STAFF